Counting Sheep Blanket
Sheep are the source of the beautiful, luxurious wool that many knitters use to knit their creations. They can also be darned cute! The Counting Sheep Blanket has an entire herd of sheep on each side of the blanket. Depending on the yarn you use, it can have white and black sheep, blue and yellow sheep, purple and green sheep, or whatever color combination you can imagine! The blanket also comes in handy for insomnia — counting the sheep should put you right to sleep!
Double knit, the blanket is fully reversible, featuring opposite color schemes on each side. Full instructions are included for the double knitting technique.
The pattern includes two sizes — baby blanket and throw blanket. The finished size of the baby blanket is approximately 36” x 40” (91 cm x 102 cm). The finished size of the throw blanket is approximately 51” x 56” (130 cm x 142 cm). You could make an even larger version with more repeats of the charts.
- Size 5 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length.
- Size 4 US circular needles at least 36 inches (91 cm) in length (optional for a neater cast on edge).
- For the baby blanket, approximately 1250-1350 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- For the throw blanket, approximately 2400-2500 yards each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn.
- Tapestry needle to weave in ends.
- 2-3 stitch markers to mark the edges of the charts.
Check out the matching Counting Sheep Scarf!